Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pink's 'Please Don't Leave Me' (Video): DV Against Men Is OK--After All, She's Angry...


May 31st, 2009 by Glenn Sacks, MA for Fathers & Families

I don't know if I can yell any louder
How many time I've kicked you outta here?
Or said something insulting?

I can be so mean when I wanna be
I am capable of really anything
I can cut you into pieces
But my heart is broken

Please don't leave me
Please don't leave me
I always say how I don't need you
But it's always gonna come right back to this
Please, don't leave me

How did I become so obnoxious?
What is it with you that makes me act like this?
I've never been this nasty

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest?
The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest
But baby I don't mean it
I mean it, I promise

I forgot to say out loud how beautiful you really are to me
I cannot be without, you're my perfect little punching bag
And I need you, I'm sorry

The song and music video for singer Pink's (pictured) Please Don't Leave Me is a compendium of the ills of modern gender issues--an "empowered," entitled woman injuring, insulting, and abusing her man with impunity. She's psycho but that's OK and you'd better not make her angry...

When witnessing female domestic violence such as in the video, society says "it's not a problem, it's just a woman." However, women commit half the domestic violence and inflict a third of domestic violence-related injuries--their actions matter.

Watch the video here.

~Jamie Cass Contributing Editor (June 2nd, 2009)

Copyright © Glenn Sacks

No comments:

Should judicial discipline be taken out of the hands of the judiciary?

Should judges be held accountable for allowing lawyers to file false, perjured and frivilous pleadings with no penalty?

Should applications for Child Support be denied without a divorce decree or separation order of support? (Married/Divorced Parents Only)

Should a parent who makes false allegations of child sexual abuse for the purposes of child custody get only Supervised Visitation?

Perjury in family court should be aggressively prosecuted?

Perjured applications for child support should be denied and aggressively prosecuted?

It should be mandated that child support arrears should be prohibited if a parent has interfered with custody & visitation during dissolution or custody proceedings?

I believe that child support arrearages given to a parent who has interfered with custody only encourages future denials of custody & visitation?

Do you believe that Judges and Prosecutors who refuse to enforce child custody are responsible for the escalation of domestic violence by non-custodial parents?

Do you believe that interference with custody is a willful action by the offending parent to cause significant mental & emotional distress on the victim child(ren)?

Do you believe that interference with custody is a willful action by the offending parent to inflict significant mental & emotional distress on the non-custodial parent?